John W. Hallahan
Catholic Girls High School
Did You Know...
- Our campus is completely wireless with iPad labs
- 12 AP courses offered and exciting partnerships with Neumann University, Moore College of Art, and CCP allow students to take college level
- We have Smartboards in every classroom
- Hallahan is ranked 90% above National Average for standardized test scores
- Hallahan is ranked 16% above other area Catholic High Schools for Girls in math and reading
- 97% of the Class of 2012 pursued higher education
- Over $13 million in college scholarships and awards were earned last year by 146 graduates
- The Mayor’s Scholarship has been awarded to Hallahan Graduates
- Our Center City Campus partners with Moore College of Art & Design, the Franklin Institute, the Mann Music Center, etc.
Colors: Light Blue & White
Mascot: Mickey Mouse
By The Numbers
In 1930, Sr. Catherine Regina wrote to Mr. Walt Disney requesting permission to use Mickey Mouse's name. He said yes and Hallhan is the only school in the country that has permission to use Mickey as their mascot.
Hallahan was the first school in the nation to have an airplane named after it during WWI in 1943.
Hallahan's cornerstone is made of rare Italian marble and was blessed by Pope Pius X, who sent it to Philadelphia as a gift to the first diocesan high school for girls in the US.