Pope John Paul II
Did You Know...
- PJP opened in 2010. The first freshman class is now the senior class.
- 900 students are currently enrolled
- 98% of graduates pursue higher education
- PJP offers various Advanced Placement Courses, and we are proud to well surpass PA and Global results. In 2013, 29 PJP students were recognized as AP Scholars, five with honors and three with distinction. PJP's AP scores, as well as SAT and Performance Series Assessment scores, absolutely shine!
- The annual Spring Musical involves a cast and crew of 200 students, who perform six evening shows, and close to 1,000 elementary school students visit for an annual daytime performance. The school's first 3 shows - Les Miserables, Anything Goes and Beauty and Beast were all absolute smashes and brought much positive press and attention to PJP!
- PJP, a member of the Pioneer Athletic Conference (PAC-10) is making our presence known in Athletics. The Girls' Volleyball Team has won PAC-10 and District I Championships 2012 and 2013. The Boys' Basketball Team brought home the first-ever PAC-10 Championship in 2011, and made the state tournament all three years. The 2013 Wrestling Team had three athletes win First Place in their respective weight classes in the District I Championships. The first ever District I Championship was won by the Softball team, and Baseball, Football and Boys' Soccer have also advanced into post-season District I playoffs. Our first ever State Championship was won by a member of the Class of 2011 in Track & Field.
- PJP students are encouraged to serve others and the community around them, and therefore, a Christian Service Program is implemented into the PJP curriculum. Most students, through their participation in athletics and service-oriented clubs, go above and beyond the standard hourly requirement. We are proud of our students.
- Three members of the Class of 2013 and four members of the Class of 2014 were named Commended Students in the National Merit Scholarship Program
- In 2013, PJP launched the S.T.E.M (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) Program. Members of the Classes of 2013 and 2014 participated in a Summer Engineering Program at the University of Notre Dame.
- PJP offers various college courses in our distance learning labs. PJP currently has partnerships with the University of Pennsylvania, DeSales University, Immaculata University and Rivier University, and PJP is continuing to forge partnerships with additional colleges and universities.
- PJP has one of the most comprehensive and intensive Fine Arts Programs around, with courses such as Intro to Art and Design; AP Art History; Related Arts; Ceramics 1 and 2; Sculpture 1 and 2; Studio Art 1, 2, 3, 4; Band 1, 2, 3, 4; and Performing Arts 1 and 2. Graduates attend the most prestigious Art Schools in the country.
Colors: Blue & Gold
Mascot: Golden Panther
By The Numbers
More than 200 students were involved in PJP's 2013 musical production of Beauty and the Beast.
Tommy Lang '11 (javelin) was PJP's first ever State Champion.
Both the girls and boys basketball teams made it to the state playoffs in 2013.